A chip or crack on your car’s windshield isn’t a major trouble only if the timely action is taken on the same.
Car owners often go through confusion on if their windshield requires repair or replacement. There are certain conditions that answer this question. As a car owner, you must be aware of these conditions. Our windshield repair Ottawa team gives you insights into these conditions in this blog further on.
When does the windshield repair work?
The answer to the question of windshield repair will really work for you depending on certain factors. Checkout these factors below.
1) When the size of the crack is small: The size of the crack is one of the biggest and the most important factors playing a decisive role in the fact that windshield repair will really work or not.
The thumb rule says that if the diameter of the windshield crack is less than one inch and if the crack is about three-inch longer, it can be repaired with ease.
The cracks that cross this thumb rule threshold might be a bit difficult to fix. Cracks that are larger than a loonie cannot be repaired, and the windshield will require replacement in this case.
2) Location of the crack isn’t on the outer edge: Like size, the location of the crack is crucial too. If the windshield crack isn’t on the outer edge of the windshield, or at the position where automated sensor view is hindered, windshield repair might do the job for you.
3) When the crack doesn’t hinder the driver’s visibility by any means: Yes, smaller cracks can be easily repaired, but only when they aren’t hindering the driver’s visibility by any means.
Anything that hinders the driver’s visibility simply doesn’t meet the safety standards and if it is a windshield crack, windshield replacement is the only ideal option.
When do you require windshield replacement?
There are several instances when windshield repair won’t simply work, and windshield replacement is your only solution. What are they? Check them out.
1) Damage in more than three areas: When the windshield is cracked in more than three areas, or simply there are three or more cracks on the car’s windshield, windshield repair won’t work at all. In this situation, windshield replacement would be your answer.
2) When the size of the windshield crack is large: As mentioned, the windshield crack having the size larger than the loonie cannot be repaired. Hence, if the windshield crack size is really larger, you might have to go with windshield replacement.
Our windshield repair Ottawa team recommends you to be instant with reaching out to the professionals if you feel that the windshield crack is really large.
3) When windshield crack hinders the driver’s visibility: As mentioned, the windshield crack hindering the driver’s visibility doesn’t meet the safety standards. In this case, the windshield replacement is your only solution.
We hope that the question “Whether your windshield requires a repair or replacement?” is answered.
No matter what the damage is, it’s always recommended to be quick in reaching out to the professionals and ensure that you get your windshield fixed in no time. Remember, with windshield, it’s all about your safety. And a slight delay in the windshield repair could severely compromise your safety. Hence, you cannot delay the repair or replacement work at all.
If your windshield requires professional attention, and if you are looking for someone reliable, you can count on our auto glass repair Ottawa experts to do the job right for you. Our team ensures that your safety is restored efficiently and quickly. To reach out to our experienced team, contact us at 613-234-9111.